With the recent news of yet another motorcyclist fatality in Clearwater, we feel it’s important to share some vital information with you to help prevent a motorcycle accident when you’re out for a ride.
Understanding how and why motorcycle accidents happen can better prepare you to face the dangers that are ever-present on the road.
What Can Cause A Motorcycle Accident
Riding a motorcycle can be a very freeing and thrilling experience. But, it can also be very dangerous.
Motorcycle accidents occur everyday and for any number of reasons.
One of the most obvious causes of motorcycle accidents is the negligence of another driver.
- Reckless driving
- Texting and Driving
However, there are other factors that may cause you to be in a motorcycle accident.
- An object in the road
- Jagged or uneven roads
- Lane splitting
- Manufacturer Defect
When you’re out for a ride, driving cautiously and defensively will assist in anticipating another driver’s next move and avoiding objects that may cause you to have a motorcycle accident.
It’s also important to heed the warnings sent to you by the manufacturer. If you’ve received recall notifications, pay attention and respond.
Failure to do so could leave you seriously injured, even dead.
Wear the Proper Motorcycle Equipment
Wearing the proper motorcycle equipment could save your life. It offers protection from the wind, rain and road, as well as providing better grip for maneuvering.
Before you go out for a ride, be sure you have the following equipment,
- Even if law may not require it, wearing a helmet has proven to drastically reduce serious injury and even fatalities in motorcycle accidents.
- Having the proper footwear can provide assistance in properly controlling your motorcycle and protection during an accident.
- Protective Clothing
- The proper clothing can protect you against the elements and assist in preventing serious injury in an accident.
- Wearing gloves will assist you in properly operating your motorcycle with a better grip, as well as providing protection during an accident.
You might not think safety equipment is not important, but it can prevent you from suffering serious injury.
Avoid Being Another Motorcycle Accident Victim
We want you to be safe when you’re out on the road. That’s why we’ve put together some tips on how to avoid being a victim of a motorcycle accident.
- Wear protective gear
- Wearing the proper motorcycle gear can help you maneuver your motorcycle more efficiently and protect you against wind, rain and other elements.
- Be aware of you surroundings
- Know what you’re up against on the road by keeping your eyes open and react appropriately.
- Practice breaking
- Knowing how to break properly can help avoid sliding or colliding.
- Take a safety course
- Courses designed to give you all the information needed to make your journey on the road safe and enjoyable.
If you’ve been injured in a motorcycle accident, seek medical attention immediately.
Then, call us.
The Andriotis Law Firm. – Always fighting for the service and justice you deserve.